Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Promotions, eh?

For those of you that know me, you know I used to essentially act as Ambassador for my former band, Sutured Psyche, going out into the world to mingle in the music scene as well as promote as shamelessly as possible (I'm also starting to do that for my new outfit, Proudest Angel... ooh! Is that a link?). Well, I'm sort of putting that hat back on, though now it's for A Deep Dark Pit of Despair.

What does that entail? I'm not really sure, to be honest. I've been reaching out to various reviewers on the internet, hoping a few of them might want to check out my little book. I'm hitting the snail mail trail later this week, aiming to knock on the doors of a couple publications with fingers crossed. There is also another avenue I'll be taking as soon as the project I'm working on is finished. Have I mentioned it yet? I'm not sure. It may or may not involve video. Who knows these things really?

I was just talking with the guys in PA today, saying the age old phrase, "If I knew then what I know now!" This was in regards to promoting music. Some of those lessons are applicable here, but it's really a different animal. I feel like I need to go on a quest to find a mystical guru to help me reach my goals.

One thing is for sure: when the next book is set to come out, I'll put together a 3-5 month marketing campaign. So, if you like A Deep Dark Pit, then the good news is that there will definitely be a sequel! I'm about a quarter through the first draft. The bad news? When it's ready, you'll be told something along the lines of, "Out of the Pit, Into the Fire is finished, and will be ready... in five-ish months! Get excited!"

The not-so-bad-news is that when that happens, I'll probably do something to make a few advanced copies available. Gotta keep my tens of fans happy!

Cheers,
Ry

No comments:

Post a Comment